Sunday, November 22, 2009

Exciting things are happening here...

I just thought I would take a moment and update everyone. I've had a lot of curious inquiries into a certain aspect of my life, and there are those out there who don't even know what I'm talking about. Are you ready for this.......................................................I'm dating someone!

Here's the details: Mike and I met.........get this.........in first grade.

I spent my elementary years in a small Idaho town called Ashton. Mike was in my ward primary class and three of my school classes. My family moved to Hyrum just after I finished sixth grade (which, in Idaho, is still in elementary.) This was fifteen years ago. I did not see or hear from Mike after that. Then, in August of 2008, I ran into his older sister at the Cache County Fair. We talked for a little bit, and parted. This was around the same time that I started using Face Book. Mike's sister found me and added me as a friend. We would chat every once in a while, and we even went to a movie together. She kept me updated on her and her family. I would especially inquire after Mike. It's only natural, we're the same age. Mike finally started his own Face Book page, and we added each other as friends. We talked every once in a while, but nothing earth moving. He lives in Idaho Falls and works for Cal Ranch. But three weeks ago, it happened. We chatted, and clicked. We chatted for nearly two hours that day. The next day, we chatted for 30 minutes. A couple of days later, we chatted for FOUR HOURS!!!! At this point, it was time to take it to the phone. Our first phone conversation lasted SIX HOURS!!!! Ever since, we have not had an evening conversation that has not lasted less than three hours.

Needless to say, we have really hit it off. He has come to Logan twice, and last night I made my way up to Idaho Falls. Our dates have been great. Mike cares for me like I've never been cared for before-unconditionally. He has not met my kids yet, but we are looking forward to the day, which will happen very soon, I'm sure. I feel so happy!

10 comments:

Our Crazy Family said...

How wonderful for you :) I am glad you have found someone to treat you like the princess you are! You deserve the best. Miss you and love you
Cindy

Jana Dille said...

yeah for you!!!! Congrats Elizabeth. Will we be seeing you at Thanksgiving? Hopefully!

Alana Lange said...

All I can say is Wahoo! Wahoo! Wahoo!!

Daniel on a Mission! said...

I couldn't be happier for you. Let's give up to the men that care for us unconditionally!!!

macylee36 said...

I am so happy for you! You absolutely deserve it :)

Deanna said...

So So So Happy for you.

cagroll said...

Golly!!! That is awesome Liz! I am a firm believer that when it is right, it is right and you just know things are different when you meet that right someone! You deserve it! I'm so glad to see you so happy, and it was great seeing you the other night for a few minutes! Can't wait to hear more great news!

Amber said...

I am glad you are happy. Thank you for sharing.

Allison said...

I am smiling and giggling w/ giddiness for you. You deserve the most happiness a person could ever wish for. Love ya, Allison

McBride Family said...

Hey Liz I am really happy for you. You deserve someone like that