My kids were so excited to start school this year. Spencer is now in 2nd grade and Carrie started kindergarten. Our day started at 6:00 this morning. Carrie came into my bedroom and declared that she was taking a shower to get ready for school (which starts at 9:00.) Shortly after that, Spencer came upstairs, his school clothes in tow, waiting for his turn in the shower. We showered, got dressed, blow dried Carrie's hair (she wanted it left down today) and even changed our clothes a couple of times. We loaded backpacks with school supplies. We had our shoes and socks on and backpacks on our backs. The kids were ready at the door at 7:30. We ate breakfast (rice with cinnamon, sugar, and milk.) "What time do we leave, mom?" To pass more time, we decided to walk the one-half mile to the school. We got there with plenty of time to take pictures. We took Carrie to her class first. She hung up her backpack and practically pushed me out the door "Bye, Mom!" Okay...clingy mom alert! I didn't want to go! So I took Spencer to his class. I tried to help him get settled, but I got the same thing there "Bye, Mom! See you later!" I thought I was excited for them to go to school, but now that I know they don't "need" me anymore, I'm kind of sad :(
After school, both the kids kept talking about how great school is and how much they love their teachers. We are getting off to a great start! It is now nearly 7:00 at night, and I just heard Carrie exclaim in the other room "I can't believe I'm in kindergarten!" So cute!!!
First day of school was a huge success!


1 comment:
Moving? What? Where? Have you even taken a second to think about the rest of us? :) Cute kids!
Post a Comment