Thursday, December 11, 2008

Geez...decisions can be made quickly!



I bought an SUV today. I didn't intend to. It just happened. But...I don't regret it. I stumbled upon it quite by accident, but I feel I made the right decision. For quite sometime I have been confined to Cache Valley because my car was unreliable. I have been able to wander to Salt Lake City and Ogden a few times, but that has only been with other people driving.

My new "toy" is a 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee. It's a little older than I wanted, but it's in great shape! It's a slate gray, so it has a greenish tint to it. I love the color, I love the way it drives! I love the fact that I don't necessarily have to call my dad to haul things! Just one more step towards being completely independent! (A couple of weeks ago I bought a saw and drill. I'm telling you, I'm getting there!) Now I can go buy our Christmas tree!

The kids are getting VERY excited for Christmas! We have been able to do some fun things. We put up our fake tree just before Thanksgiving. The kids LOVED decorating it! Last weekend we went to Hogle Zoo and saw the lights. Yesterday, we decorated "gingerbread" houses. We cheated, though, and used graham crackers. They loved it! Next week, we will be decorating cookies (a quirky tradition we started when we were young. My parents wedding anniversary is December 18, and somehow we started decorating cookies on that night while my parents were out. It's fun.)

I still don't have a camera, but I got some of my pictures collected. Eventually, I will get them posted!

2 comments:

Alana Lange said...

what, what, WHAT the heck!? Don't BFF's tell each other everything? lol. I am happy for you!

John said...

Congrats on your new purchase! It looks awesome! I have to admit I'm a little jealous of your cool SUV (vs. my lame van). Sounds like you are enjoying Christmas Time. I love christmas traditions!