I don't quite know where to start...I guess I'll start in the middle, because that's where I am. Right in the middle of life. And so far, it's been good. There are definitely events in my life that I never imagined would happen. I definitely have experienced some roughness, but, in every situation, I have come out a better person for it. Sandpaper is rough, but it makes wood smooth and beautiful. That's what life is. Sandpaper. It hurts for the moment, but the finished product is smooth and beautiful.
The last couple of weeks, for me, have been cause for reflection. It has now been over a year since my divorce was finalized and I officially became a single mom. I've looked back over the past 12 months, and have been amazed at what has happened! Life is flying by so fast! It just goes to show how quickly things can change, whether for good or for bad. I have been truly blessed to be a part of the first.
Thanksgiving is a wonderful time to show gratitude, but I have felt gratitude almost every single day of the last year. I have irrefutable proof that my Heavenly Father loves ME! I would not be where I am if he didn't. Wow! I have a job that I love (that literally fell in my lap!) I live in a wonderful home, I have beautiful children who love me and keep me busy! My car runs, my oven cooks, my refridgerator stores leftovers, I have a bed and clothes to keep me warm. I live in the best ward in the world. I have the greatest friends and an unbelievably remarkable family! I get to expand my knowledge and continue my education next spring. I have everything I need. I am truly humbled by my blessed life, and I try very hard to remind myself of that everyday.
We are headed for some trying times. But I believe that if we keep an attitude of gratitude, the way will be a little less trying and a little more enlightening.
I don't know how to end these things, so I won't. Until next time...
Tuesday, November 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hello friend, thanks for making me think about all the things I have to be thankful for and one of them is you!
Post a Comment